Thursday, May 1, 2014

She Did What She Could

My GALS (Growing and Loving Servants) life connection group has been studying the book, "She Did What She Could," by Elisa Morgan.  We have had a very sweet time growing together, being challenged together and even stepping out of our comfort zones to serve others.


Front Cover


While I love studying great books, like this one, with awesome ladies, like my Radford Wesleyan Church GALS, there is a continual battle in my spirit to race out of the comforts of the church and pour my life out for those who are outside of a relationship with Jesus.  I feel a pull to get out and then I am swaddled in fear of "getting out."  

My Jesus...
Help me to reach beyond the walls of my comfortable, my usual, my normal.  Help my heart to break with people's hearts.  Help my hands to become calloused with activities that reflect the scars on Your hands.  Help my feet to ache from running after the people You would run after.  Help my eyes to recognize the hurts, the bondage, the heart-broken, the physically ill, the spiritually weak and the lonely.  Help my ears to hear the cries of the broken, hungry, and those running from God.  And help my mouth to be used for only words that come from YOU.  Help me to do what I can!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment