Saturday, May 3, 2014

"I am the most relationally blessed person I know"

I work at a small private school in Blacksburg, VA, Dayspring Christian Academy.  DCA is a school that has rooted herself into and around my heart over the last 11 school years.  I never dreamed I would love my job, as much as I love working at Dayspring.



During my interview for a teaching position in the fall of 2003 the administrator, Dug Hampton, made a comment that has stayed with me for the past 11 years.  

He said, "As hard as you think it may be working at a small private christian school, you will wind of wishing it was that easy.  The true blessing of working at a small christian school is not the paycheck; it is the relationships.  I am the most relationally blessed person I know and most of that is because of the community of Dayspring."



Through my 11 years at DCA I have had the privilege to serve in many varying capacities.  Just a few things I have been able to do: teach third grade (6 years), main campus principal (5 years), field day co-ordinator (9 years), teach 5th grade, teach K-5 art (2 years), teach secondary Bible (4 years), and several other things.  


I have found that my experience at DCA has allowed me to build many unique and special relationships with students, parents, grandparents, and even police, and firemen.  I find myself arguing with my administrator more often.  "No, Coach, I am the most relationally blessed person I know."

I have also been blessed to share in relationship with so many amazing people through the ministry of Radford Wesleyan Church and the Shenandoah District of the Wesleyan Church Ministries.


As I travel from church to church, to share with churches what God is doing and how God is stretching my family, I find that my definition of being "the most relationally blessed person I know," is so bitsy compared God's definition of relationally blessed.  This traveling and sharing process is allowing me to share life with so many more people.  I have been humbled, and honored to meet so many amazing people.  

It creates a desire in my heart to be more passionate about sharing the special relationship I have with Jesus to people all around the world.  


How has God blessed you with relationships?  Will you allow your life to intertwine with other people?  Will you allow God to have a special relationship in YOUR life?

With love, appreciation and continued humility; for all God has done in and through my life,




No comments:

Post a Comment