Thursday, May 29, 2014

"Let it Go"

Last week I had the privilege to spend some time with the kindergarten class at Dayspring Christian Academy during their lunch and recess time.  I had a blast helping them with their lunches and playing with them on the monkey bars (as a principal, with a busy teaching schedule, I do not get the opportunity to do this as much as I would like).


During that lunch hour two sweet little girls came up to me and began singing the popular song, "Let It Go."  At the time I had fun listening to them sing, thinking about the movie Frozen and playing.  However, a couple of days later "Let It Go" has become the theme song of my life.


Within a couple of days people were rummaging through my belongings like vultures feasting on an animal who recently passed away.  I was reminded on several occasions throughout our yard sale that we must be willing to "let go" of our earthly if the Lord asks us to.  At this time of my life, the Lord is asking me and my family to "let it go."


It isn't just our "stuff" that we find ourselves "letting go" of.  We are "letting go" of relationships as we know them, a community we have grown to love, a church family who has stood beside us through several extremely challenging years of life, the safety and security of knowing (just knowing anything...just anything), really I could continue to add to this list.

In the middle of all this crazy busy weekend we found ourselves "letting go" of dear family friends and partners of the V-Team.  Our friends have chosen to follow God to another city in another state.  B3 "let go" of one of his best friends and Barry and I said good-bye to an amazing couple friend who we have grown to love.

The amazing thing is, as we are "letting go" God is reaching down and holding on.  His peace, confirmation and faithfulness have been what keeps our hands being able to "let go."  We find ourselves trusting more.  His faithfulness has not failed and it just seems to grow with each new day.



Please continue to pray for the V-Team as we end our chapter of ministry (and "let go") at Radford Wesleyan Church on Sunday, June 1st.  I am sure our church family would appreciate prayers, as well.  We will be moving out of the parsonage (and "letting go") of the place we have called home for almost 12 years on June 4th (pray for an easy transition for the boys and us).  We will be beginning a very busy summer traveling to Wisconsin, Indiana, Virginia, West Virginia, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and New York.  Pray for us as we "let go" of summer as we have known them and embrace the traveling and new relationships.

Thanks for your partnership with the V-Team.  You are a treasure to us!




No comments:

Post a Comment