Saturday, July 25, 2015

Win or Lose, We're Going to Praise God


This past week as we were traveling to eastern Virginia and back for some Partnership Development opportunities, our boys were watching a movie in the car, "Facing the Giants." Even though I've seen and heard the movie many times, it was near the end of the movie that God really began to prick my heart. As a matter of fact, Christy and I had a conversation where I told her these words, "I'm not so sure I could do that." Want to know what I'm talking about? Check out this clip I found on You Tube.



I'm not sure if you've seen the movie (if not you need to) or not but I really sensed in my spirit that even though they were talking about a football game, God was talking to me about these next 31 days of Partnership Development. You see, as of right now my everything is riding in our being able to fly to Central America on August 24th. To use the old saying, I have all of my eggs in that one basket. And in that car ride, I really sensed God asking me, "whether you win or lose" (in other words, whether you make it to Central America on August 24th or not) "will you still praise me?"

As I've already mentioned, if I'm being honest with you, it took me a couple of days to get to the point where I can finally say, no matter what happens, come August 24th I will praise God. Will I praise Him because we fly out? No. Will I praise Him because we stay behind? No. I will praise Him simply because He is worthy of my praise!

But here's what we're committed to do. Just as the clip said, we are going out there on that field and we are giving it our all and we are leaving the rest to God. We know we have giants to face (as Christy referred to in her recent FB post, mountains). We get the fact that with about 30 days until flight day, and really 16 days until we'd have to order tickets, we are still in need of about 25% of our funding. But we stand resolved that our God is able to conquer giants. Do you believe that with us? Will you stand with us?

I believe that the same God who desires to conquer the giants in our life, desires to conquer them in yours as well. We would be honored and privileged to stand with you in your battle, if you'd let us know how we can. Here's to our giant-conquering God; here's to watching Him continue to do His giant-conquering thing!

In awe of Him,
Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment