Thursday, July 16, 2015

On the Oceans

For the past several years I have helped to plan a Middle School Retreat for Dayspring Christian Academy (where I worked).  Each year our administrator creates a theme for the school year that he "launches" at the retreats.  It has been my heart's desire to grow along with each student through the themes and to allow Jesus to do a work in me.

For the 2013-2014 school year, our administrator, Dug Hampton, felt the Lord leading him to this specific theme "In the Faithful Grasp of Grace, Tell Me to Come to You on the Water."  Little did he know (or did I know) that the Lord would use that theme to confirm the call the Lord was placing on my life to serve Him in Central America.




You see, I had previously resigned two times from DCA during my first two years teaching there.  Each time, Dug told me that he did not think it was my time to go and that he wasn't going to accept my resignation letter.  Each time the Lord did not allow me to be released from DCA.  During my devotional time one afternoon, during the spring of 2004, the Lord met me in a real special way.  I was reading in Philippians when the Lord spoke to me through Paul's words in the following verses:



Philippians 1:22-25 New International Version (NIV)

22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. 25 Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith,

I felt like the Lord was speaking directly to me, "Christy, I know you would rather be in another school.  However, I need you at Dayspring."  From that moment on I made an agreement with the Lord that I would not question whether or not I should stay at DCA until Jesus spoke directly to me.  I honored that commitment until March of 2013 when Jesus started wooing, speaking, and changing both Barry and my hearts.

However, it was during the middle of the Middle School Retreat as the project worship team was playing that I really felt a confirmation that God was calling me out of educational leadership and into leadership development for the pastors and female leaders in Central America.  The Lord has used this song (the theme song for 2013-2014 school year) to challenge and speak to our entire family.  And he continues to use it, even in our most recent worship encounter at Power '15.




At this moment, I feel like I am out in the middle of the ocean.  We have surrendered everything: our professions (both Barry's pastoring at Radford Wesleyan, June 2014, and now mine - educational leadership at DCA, May 2015); our home (we are currently living with friends and will begin a traveling tour to WV, IN, MI, OH, NY in a little over a week); our belongings (all our possessions are being stored in a 10 x 10 space, we will bring 2 totes per person with us); soon to be our vehicles and so much more along the way.  We are out in the ocean trusting that Jesus will provide monthly financial partners so that we can leave August 24th for the borders of Central America and language school.    

There are many moments where the overwhelming waves take my sight off of the most amazing God.  At times I feel like the goals are unreachable, the details are too many, the understanding is too lacking and that we are just plain crazy.  It is during those moments that I watch my Jesus reach down and pull my faith and me back up.  He continues to remind us that borders and waves are all a part of His plan and that He is capable, where we are lacking. 
We are trusting God and praying for miracles.  Will you join us?
Have you joined the team who is already trusting and supporting the V-Team?  If not, you can join the V-Team by clicking the Global Partners image below.





No comments:

Post a Comment