Monday, March 17, 2014

He Meets Our "Real" Needs

There are so many times in my life where I have defined my "needs."  With all my wisdom, I come up with a list of "needs" and I believe that I know exactly what IS really "needed."  After all, I am a mom (don't moms know everything?).

The past several weeks have been a very dry, challenging and overwhelming couple of weeks.  During those weeks I found myself whining about the "needs" that I thought I had.  You know, the "needs" I did not think others were helping me meet.


Two weekends ago I had the opportunity to go away with the ladies of my church.  We spent time traveling, laughing, talking, crying, worshiping, growing, eating, and resting (well kind of...there was a fire alarm that went off in the middle of the night) together.  Although it was an extremely busy weekend, it was a peaceful and joy-filled weekend.  



This past weekend, we had the opportunity to host the McNett family, missionaries to Czech Republic.  We spent time talking and talking and talking and talking.  The boys played with their kids.  This time was so filled with words of wisdom and encouragement.



Yesterday, I was blessed to be at Brookhill Wesleyan sharing our V-Team story.  During the dinner (after the service) I had the opportunity to talk with several couples who have a huge passion to see the Central American Churches thriving and being all that God has called them to be.  It was fantastic to have conversation with people who are passionate and excited about Central America.


It is amazing how the Lord saw my real "needs" and met those needs in His timing.  My list of "needs" may still be present, however the peace and joy that the Lord has allowed me to feel the past two weekends has lessened the "needs" I on my "list".  God is so faithful to meet our "real" needs.  I will choose to trust Him with the "needs" on my list.


No comments:

Post a Comment